Sunday, January 3, 2016

Eyeshadow Tutorial : Smokey Champagne




























So as I said in my last post, I was given a camera for Christmas. I wanted to test it out and try and put it to good use by doing a step by step tutorial of a very simple and not so drastic eye look. I know that as I use it more and more, the quality of these tutorials will get better. 


This look is a very simple night time look that can be done for many occasions. The dark colors will bring out almost any eye color and make your eyes pop! Here is a step by step tutorial with pictures to help you recreate this look. 



1. I started by priming my eyelids with Mac's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in the shade Soft Ocre. This ensures that your shadow will stay in place all day. I then took a fluffy eye shadow brush and went in with the shade Lt. Brown from the Lorac Pro 2 palette and blended it in throughout my crease. This is called your transition shade. It helps blend all the other shades you will be putting on your eyelids. 






2. Once the transition shade is down, I applied the shade Hot Chocolate from the Self Made palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills just in the inner and outer parts of the lid with a dense shadow brush. I blended that color onto the crease with an E25 brush from Sigma. I kept the Hot Chocolate color very light because if I went in too dark then, it's easy to make your eye have a black eye appearance and we don't want that. I made sure to keep the center part of my lid free of color so that the champagne color I will be 
adding will pop more. 



3. When step 2 is finished, you will then want to find a nice, light shimmery color to apply to the lid. I used a flat and very dense shadow brush to apply the color Pink Champagne from that same Anastasia Beverly Hills palette I used in step 2. I packed that color on to make it look how I wanted. This is where I went in and slowly added more of that Hot Chocolate shade to make it darker and to my preference. Make sure to go in slowly and don't just throw it on very darkly. It's a lot harder to make a color darker than lighter.



4. Once I was satisfied with the way it looked, I took my Nyx Collection Noir Liquid Liner and made a thin line very close to my upper lash line. If you are new to eye shadow, I wouldn't recommend this eyeliner to you. I would recommend a felt tip eyeliner because it's a lot easier to get the hang of and gives you the same look. 







5. I applied a few coats of mascara using my L'OREAL Telescopic Mascara on only my upper eyelashes for now. When you have a full look on your lid, you don't want to leave your lower lash line empty. So, I applied the same Hot Chocolate shade under my lower lash line with a small pencil brush. The flash of my camera diffused the harshness of the color on my eyes so it looks lighter than it really was. I then took a brown pencil eyeliner and lined my lower waterline. I finished the look with putting mascara on my lower lashes. (I didn't get a picture of these last two steps)


I wore this look for New Year's Eve and thought it was beautiful. Wearing fake eyelashes or having naturally thick and full eyelashes would really complete this eye shadow look but because I have neither, I couldn't show you. But, if you do, I would love to see how it turned out! Also, if you want to recreate this look, there is no need to use the same products I did. You can always use what you have at home and find shades similar to what I used. I hope you enjoyed reading this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment