Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eyeshadow Tutorial : Night-time Smokey Eye




This is one of my favorite looks I have done in a while. It's perfect for a night out no matter where you are headed. The dark smokey gives you a look of fierceness and confidence while the pop of shimmer completes the look giving you a cute and pretty feel. 


1. I started off, of course, priming my eye lids with the Mac Paint Pot in the shade Soft Ocre. I then applied my transition shade onto my crease. I used the shade Lt. Brown from the Lorac Pro 2 palette. I made sure to blend this as well as I could using a fluffy brush.




2. I applied the shade Plum from the Lorac Pro 2 palette onto the lid only. You want to make sure to be careful with this step because if you bring it any higher than the lid, it could cause you to look like you have a black eye.





3. I then took a big fluffy brush and buffed out that Plum color. Do this step slowly and make sure you get it as blended as you can. You want the effect of no harsh lines or strokes. (I didn't add any other color. When I blended the Plum color, the purple hues got a little washed out.)




4. For this step, I applied a tiny amount of the Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in the shade Greed to the center of just my lid. I wanted a sticky base down so when I applied my shimmer shade, it would enhance the shimmer and color. I then grabbed my Naked 2 palette and packed Half Baked on top of that primer.




5. I applied false eyelashes to just the top lashes and I felt that it really completed this look. For my lower waterline, I applied that same Plum color and blended it out with a pencil brush under my waterline and then applied mascara. I put some little black pencil eyeliner onto my lower waterline and I felt that it really pulled things together!



No comments:

Post a Comment